Support Hare Krishna
Hare Krishna or ISKCON receives no Government or public support. The activities of Hare Krishna are financed solely through voluntary donations that exclusively are spent for the work of Hare Krishna, such as:
- The temple in Copenhagen
- Ratha-yatra, Krishna Janmastami and other big public festivals
- Translation and publication of Vedic literatures and distribution of books to schools, libraries, hospitals, prisons, etc.
- ISKCON’s farm communities and protection of cows
There are several possibilities if you want to support financially:
- Pay a one-time donation into ISKCON’s bank account: reg. 2128, account # 6881118945 or MobilePay 5383 1108. The donation can be earmarked for a particular purpose. Please note, that all donations to Hare Krishna until 16.300 Dkr. per year are tax-deductible. Don’t forget to give your CPR number to ISKCON in order to get the tax deduction.
- Become a regular monthly sponsor. That will give you some advantages such as freely receiving Nyt fra Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna’s monthly magazine. Please contact ISKCON’s secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make a sponsor agreement. Once again, 16.300 kr. per year (anno 2019) is tax-deductible.
- Draw up a gift letter (’gavebrev’) where you commit to pay a regular amount every year for minimum 10 years (or as long as you live). The advantage is that your donations are tax-deductible up until 15 % of your income. Please contact ISKCON’s secretary (email@example.com) to draw up a gift letter.
- Include Hare Krishna in your last will with a part of your inheritance. Hare Krishna is cooperating with Dokument 24 that offers to make a will for FREE if Hare Krishna is remembered in your last will with a part of the inheritance. Please note that Hare Krishna, as a charitable institution, is exempted from paying inheritance tax. That also implies that you can leave part of your inheritance to Hare Krishna, and your heirs will still receive the same amount as they would if you hadn’t donated to Hare Krishna.Dokument 24 will advice you for free how to do this. You can start making your will by clicking here.